Kew has been blighted by traffic chaos, increased danger and increased pollution following the introduction of London Borough of Richmond-Upon-Thames’s controversial ‘Experimental Traffic Scheme’ on Kew Road. The scheme:
· Has been introduced in an undemocratic way with no prior consultation.
· Is causing additional displacement parking putting further pressure on Kew Green and residential roads adjoining Kew Road.
· Will force 60 coaches per day onto Kew Green, with extra infrastructure, loss of car parking and using a new one-way system that residents roundly rejected 20 years ago.
· Ruins the beauty of Kew Road.
· Threatens businesses and ruins the economic recovery of Royal Botanic Gardens Kew, a World Heritage Site.
I have written to the London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames and appeared on the Council’s Transport and Air Quality Committee, to express the concerns expressed by many residents and business owners about the introduction of this scheme. I recognise the difficulties and added congestion this is causing for the constituents of and many thousands of visitors to Kew and particularly with the ongoing over-development of Brentford causing extra pressure.
To address this, I am calling on local residents, business owners, commuters and visitors to Kew to support my petition below calling on the London Borough of Richmond-Upon-Thames to immediately cancel its ‘Kew Road Experimental Traffic Scheme’.
Please sign your name in support of the following: